CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
The City of Oberlin is, from time to time, looking for service oriented individuals interested in the rewarding field of law enforcement. Located 35 miles southwest of Cleveland, Oberlin is a small city with a population of 8,200 which includes 2,900 Oberlin College students. The city is economically and racially diverse as 24% of the population is non-white. Situated in Oberlin are the world class Allen Memorial Art Museum, Community Health Partners Allen Medical Center, FAA Air Traffic Control Center, Firelands Association for the Visual Arts, Boys & Girls Club of Lorain County, Metro Parks Aquatic Facility, the Oberlin Municipal Court, historic downtown and industrial park.
- Salary range: $49,338 – $62,585
- Overtime opportunities
- Vacation Days and Personal Days
- Holiday Pay
- Accumulated Sick Time
- Longevity and Officer-In-Charge bonuses
- Health and Accident Insurance
- In-service and off-site training
- Tuition reimbursement for approved college courses
- Uniform allowance
- 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
Application and Testing Procedure:
- Applications may be obtained at the Oberlin City Hall
- Applicants must pass a written Civil Service Examination and an agility test
- A background investigation will be conducted
- Candidates will participate in an oral interview
- A Psychological test and Polygraph or Voice Stress Test will also be given
- Candidates will be subject to a Drug screen test
Oberlin is a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about employment opportunities please contact:
Lt. Michael McCloskey
To view current employment opportunities click here.